About the Program
The Emerging Executive Program (EEP) develops emerging Hispanic technology leaders with the highest potential and desire to become the next generation of Hispanic technology executive leaders. HITEC continues to evolve, providing personal development and growth. A critical component of that success is our Emerging Executive Program, which is a cornerstone of our core mission – to develop future Hispanic technology professionals and business leaders.
In 2018, we introduced enhancements and new positioning. EEP is more than mentoring. It’s a fundamental shift in our approach towards developing a core executive skill set. Concisely, EEP will provide:
- A model to cultivate Hispanic technology expertise
- Exposure and interaction with high-level technology executives and business leaders
- A trusted and non-biased relationship with senior technology executives (including HITEC Board Members)
- Guidance on career-related issues, which are unique to Hispanics in leadership
- Deeper understanding on how CXOs develop their organizations in terms of core technology competencies and performance metrics
- An opportunity to elevate leadership through insightful executive coaching
- Webinars that reinforce the skills needed to execute as an Emerging Leader
- Opportunity to participate in a community partnership project to continue to hone leadership skills
HITEC Corporate Partners, silver level and above, have the opportunity to identify top performers and recommend them for a final HITEC screening. Criteria for the 2019 Class will recognize outstanding performance and leadership within their respective companies. EEP’s goal is to nurture and develop the needed skill set for Hispanic technology emerging executives who meet the following criteria:
- Highly ambitious technology professionals with top results and top potential
- Top employees with a mixture of business and technology experience who are aspiring to be extra-ordinary business leaders
- Based on recognition of outstanding performance and leadership within their company
- Junior leaders whose core competencies include: Change Agent, Strategic Thinker, Visionary, Results-Driven Leader, Highly Passionate, Risk Taker, People Minded
- Must be looking to progress two levels up vs. current position
- Have demonstrated a commitment to the Hispanic community
- Must be of Hispanic descent
- Must be employed by a Fortune 500 company or HITEC Corporate Partner
- Must attend the program for its entire duration virtually from February 2019 through October 2019, including:
- 80% of the monthly sessions
- One (1) meeting per month with assigned mentor (call or in person)
- Two (2) HITEC Leadership Summits (including the Summit in Silicon Valley, CA where the graduation will occur)
2019 EEP Application is available here and must be submitted by close of business (5:00 PM EST), December 3, 2018. Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
- The company agrees to cover program costs, including: the cost of HITEC Summit event registration, travel and lodging associated with attending the program, should its nominee(s) be selected as a finalist(s)
- Nominee(s) cannot self-nominate
- Previous EDP/EEP participants are not eligible to participate
- The number of EEP participants is determined by the company’s corporate partnership level (silver or above)
- The company must receive email verification from HITEC acknowledging receipt of the nomination application(s)
Nominations are reviewed by the EEP Committee. All questions should be addressed to Anne-Marie Azzi, the EEP Committee Chair, via email at email@example.com.
EEP is the only national program focused on cultivating executive talent among the Hispanic technology professionals.
Key Points About EEP
To help you decide if this program is right for your company and your Hispanic technology talent, here are a few key points to be aware of:
- The intent of EEP is to identify emerging Hispanic technology leaders with the highest potential and desire to become the next generation of Hispanic technology executive leaders.
- The "giving back” nature of this program is two-fold: the program provides a unique opportunity for the participants to broaden their experience in industry related HITEC activities, such as local market activities. Additionally, it also allows participants to support future generations of undergrads or teenagers embracing technology practice via role modeling. Through the participant’s agreement we provide guidance and options on how to support the global village we live in.
- The potential impact. Our goal is that EEP will make the most of your talented Hispanic technology employees by creating a 3-way win model (Win for your Company, Win for the EEP Fellow and a Win for the larger HITEC family). Your Company’s D&I strategies will gain external perspective on how to advance progress of your internal talent. HITEC executives are expected to provide on-going, transparent performance evaluations to enable individuals to be aware of their performance.
- The training. To maximize the accelerated development experience within the EEP, there will be a number of additional training and development opportunities. These will include: A. Two of the HITEC Leadership Summits; B. Two one-day EEP in-person customized sessions; C. Monthly one-on-one mentor conversations, D. Virtual webinars with relevant career and technology themes.