About the Program
Since 2014, HITEC has worked to develop the next generation of Hispanic technology leaders through the Emerging Executive Program in which 191 leaders have completed the program, advancing in their careers and helping contribute to our growing community of Hispanic technology executives. The Emerging Executive Program is the only national program focused on cultivating executive talent among the Hispanic technology professionals.
As we continue to grow as an organization, we are redesigning HITEC’s Emerging Executive Program for 2020, creating two distinct tracks which will enhance the current curriculum and expand the program’s focus on coaching and mentoring. The program will include the Management Track and the Executive Track.
The Management Track is designed specifically for manager/director level executives that have mid-level management experience and are in a position to take that next step in their career towards a senior level role. Executives will advance their business proficiencies and leverage their current experience to advance their leadership and management skill-set while identifying areas to improve.
- Must have 8 - 15 years experience overall
- Must have management experience for at least 2-3 years
The Executive Track is designed specifically for senior level executives that have proven management experience and are in a position to take that next step in their career towards a C-level position. Executives will leverage their current experience and proficiencies to advance and expand their leadership and management skill-set while identifying areas to improve.
- Must have 15 or more years experience
- Must have senior-level management experience for at least 2-3 years
- Must manage a P&L
The HITEC Emerging Executive Program is a year-long, cohort-based program that develops emerging and high-potential Hispanic technology leaders looking to become tomorrow’s executive leaders. The work of the Emerging Executive Program continues to be central to HITEC’s core mission – to develop future Hispanic technology and business leaders. Critical to the success of HITEC’s Emerging Executive Program are the mentors who volunteer their time to HITEC by contributing to the executive and the leadership development of its members.
The Emerging Executive Program is more than mentoring as it’s focused on developing a core executive skill-set by providing:
- Exposure and interaction with high-level technology executives and business leaders
- A trusted and non-biased mentor relationship with senior-level technology executives (including HITEC Board Members)
- Guidance on career-related issues, which are unique to Hispanics in leadership
- Deeper understanding on how CXOs develop their organizations in terms of core technology competencies and performance metrics
- A model to cultivate Hispanic technology expertise
- An opportunity to elevate leadership through:
1. Insightful executive coaching
2. Webinars that reinforce the skills needed to execute as an emerging
3. Three all day onsite workshops
4. Opportunity to participate in a community partnership project to
continue to hone leadership skills
HITEC Corporate Partners, Silver level and higher, have the opportunity to identify top performers and recommend them to participate in the program. HITEC will receive nominations for the 2020 HITEC Emerging Executive Program from December 9th, 2019 to February 10, 2020. See below for submission guidelines and process.
Key Points About Emerging Executive Program
To help you decide if this program is right for your company and your Hispanic technology talent, here are a few key points to be aware of:
- The intent of Emerging Executive Program is to identify emerging Hispanic technology leaders with the highest potential and desire to become the next generation of Hispanic technology executive leaders.
- The "giving back” nature of this program is two-fold: the program provides a unique opportunity for the participants to broaden their experience in industry related HITEC activities, such as local market activities. Additionally, it also allows participants to support future generations of undergrads or teenagers embracing technology practice via role modeling. Through the participant’s agreement we provide guidance and options on how to support the global village we live in.
- The potential impact. Our goal is that Emerging Executive Program will make the most of your talented Hispanic technology employees by creating a 3-way win model (Win for your Company, Win for the Emerging Executive Program Fellow and a Win for the larger HITEC family). Your Company’s D&I strategies will gain external perspective on how to advance progress of your internal talent. HITEC executives are expected to provide on-going, transparent performance evaluations to enable individuals to be aware of their performance.
- The training. To maximize the accelerated development experience within the Emerging Executive Program, there will be a number of additional training and development opportunities. These will include: A. Two of the HITEC Leadership Summits; B. Two one-day Emerging Executive Program in-person customized sessions; C. Monthly one-on-one mentor conversations, D. Virtual webinars with relevant career and technology themes.
Nominations are reviewed by the Emerging Executive Program Committee. For inquiries, please email email@example.com.