Tim Campos, HITEC Board Member and Facebook CIO, In the News
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Posted by: Salina Rivera
Facebook Adopts Microsoft Office 365, as Corporate Email Shifts to Cloud, by Steven Rosenbush, Wall Street Journal, July 13, 2016
Social network will move its 13,000 employees to Microsoft’s web-based tools
Facebook Inc. is adopting Microsoft Corp.’s cloud-based Office 365, a sign that email remains a critical business communication tool, even among the most forward-thinking pioneers of collaboration platforms.
Facebook has launched Facebook at Work, a workplace version of its social network, as readers of CIO Journal well know. Yet email still has its place, even at Facebook, according to Tim Campos, the company’s CIO. “Facebook at Work doesn’t end the need for email,” Mr. Campos said. “It’s not a binary thing.” And research has shown that social tools for business are taking off more slowly than expected in an environment where getting things done is the key.
- Original Article as Published by the WSJ
- Facebook at Work Gains Steam but Not Revenue
- Facebook Plans to Make Enterprise Social – For Real This Time
Upcoming HITEC Events:
- HITEC Dallas Leadership Summit, Hosted by JCPenney, April 5-7, 2017
- HITEC Silicon Valley Leadership Summit & HITEC 100 Awards Gala Benefiting the HITEC Foundation, Hosted by Sales Force, October 26-28, 2016
For sponsorship opportunities Contact Susana Ramirez, Director of Corporate Development: email@example.com, 513.254.4651