Miriam is a senior partner at KPMG. As global head of the Management Consulting practice, she plays a significant, strategic role in building and executing its strategy, and continuing the business’ double-digit growth momentum. As part of this role, she is responsible for swiftly driving initiatives and programs that impact KPMG’s relevance in the marketplace and ability to drive new solutions – thus enhancing trust and accelerating growth. Her mandate includes driving KPMG’s global priority solutions of Powered and Connected enterprises.
Before this role, she led the firm’s Global Customer and Operations practice, which is focused on delivering industry-specific solutions for the front and middle office challenges of Fortune 500 clients. In this role, she oversaw a team of more than 2,000 partners and professionals.
Miriam also serves as a Global Lead Partner for the world’s largest telco company in the US, overseeing more than 300 partners and professionals serving the client globally. In this role she has helped her client to transform its corporate services organization, namely finance.
KPMG’s Technology Enablement consulting business was launched by Miriam where she served as its leader for three years.
Before re-joining KPMG in 2008, Miriam spent five years at Bearing Point, thriving from doing what she loves: helping clients solve business challenges, and knowing that her team was providing bottom-line value. She led multiple practices: Communications, Wireless, Cable, and Media - exceeding margins while doubling revenue and segment profitability.
Her industry experience was born and bred at Telcordia, where she rose up through the business, gaining expertise in networks, technology and call centers. She became the VP and General Manager, leading the customer care and billing units with full P&L responsibility. Here too, she grew the businesses she managed multifold, with responsibility for both the US as well as an expansion to Latin America.
Miriam’s ability to architect and deliver solutions to critical challenges has helped her build organizations and client accounts that become integral components and revenue drivers of the business.
- Board Executive Committee Member, HITEC
- Board Member, Junior Achievement of NJ
- Board Member, Hispanic Information Technology Executive Council (HITEC)
- Board Member, KPMG's Women's Advisory Board
- Member, STEM Committee, NAF (National Academy Foundation)
- Leader, KPMG Network of Women
- Walter Hanson Award, KPMG; the firm’s most prestigious award, given biennially to a partner for exemplary client service, visionary leadership and demonstrating the highest standards of integrity
- Top 100 Most Influential and Notable Hispanic Professionals in IT, HITEC
- Fortune's "50 Most Powerful Latinas", Fortune and ALPFA
- Women Worth Watching in STEM, Diversity Journal
- Women Leaders in Consulting, Consulting Magazine
- Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Bell Labs
SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY
- Carnegie Mellon University: Graduate Level Program certification, Information Networking Institute Advanced Technology Innovation Program (ATI)
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School: Executive Program
- University of California, Los Angeles
Miriam has been volunteering for over 30 years, supporting a variety of causes including food pantries, STEM, intergovernmental organizations, women’s leadership, diversity, education and students/future leaders. Her roles span from volunteering, to fundraising to board membership.